As if I’m not busy enough, let’s just throw a blog into the mix.
I first came up with the concept for this blog in the shower. I seem to do all my best thinking the in shower. Maybe it has something to do with the act of washing my hair and physically moving around the energy particles surrounding the area surrounding my brain. It seems to stir up the good ideas…uh oh, I haven’t lost you, have I? Maybe I should quit following Deepak Chopra on Twitter…he just so darn philosophical 🙂
Anyway – the idea for the blog stemmed from the fact that back in December (haha, yes it’s funny that it’s February and this is my first post) I had an epiphany that it may be a lot harder than I first realized to make my way in the business world as a woman who wants to be taken seriously and not dismissed and/or looked at as a sexual object. I wanted to create a forum where I could not only speak about some of the experiences I was having but also where I could provide some insight and advice for ways to overcome certain obstacles. While there is A LOT to be said on that subject matter, and believe me, I will be speaking to that topic on more than once occasion, I have more to share with the world than a singular subject.
Thus, the Harsh Realities & Silver Linings of Life blog is born.
My sense of humor is quirky, my writing style is conversational which means my grammar is far from perfect because I write how I speak. Love it or leave it & comment freely (but try not to be too mean, kay? Thanks.)
A couple disclaimers:
1. All my life lessons were learned the hard way. These stories are real. If you know me personally and are reading this and midway through the story you start to realize “Hey, that’s me! But, wait! That’s not my name! Hmm…maybe that wasn’t me. Could it be possible that happened to her twice?” Nope, it’s not possible that the exact same situation happened to me twice, because I, unlike some people, learn from my mistakes so I don’t repeat them. That was definitely you. I just changed your name or gave you a nickname for your protection because you either embarrassed yourself or were a jerk. You’re welcome.
2. If midway through the story you start to realize “Hey, I remember when that happened, I was there! But wait! It wasn’t a Sunday and it didn’t rain that day, he wasn’t driving a red truck, it was a blue explorer and you actually did end up getting that job offer.” … I have a few things to say to your kind…
- A. Memory is not perfect, GET OVER IT
- B. When a real story is a little more dull than one would like, some creative liberties are taken, it’s called ARTISTIC LICENSE (look it up).
- C. Sometimes, I will alter details for a specific reason, such as to illustrate a point or the moral of the story. Please don’t make a big deal about it. Your name has been changed anyway, please refer to item #1 above.
3. I am VERY busy. I really like the concept of having a blog and I will do my utmost to post regularly and often but I am in school full-time, have two jobs and am actively trying to have a social life. 🙂 All of this lends itself really well to providing really good content for a blog, I am just going to need to find the time to actually write it all down.
I guess before I worry about any of this, I should see if anyone actually reads it first, right?
talk soon, d